- University of Calcutta
University of Culcutta BA LLB Entrance Exam 2018
The University of Calcutta (CU) Kolkata administers entrance examination for admission into 5 year integrated BA LLB program. On the basis of this entrance test admission is offered in Faculty of Law Calcutta University and other affiliated colleges. Selected candidates get admission into First Year of BA LLB Course. On successful completion of 5 years of coursework both BA and LLB Degree are awarded. Here given detailed information about University of Culcutta BA LLB Entrance Exam 2018
CU BA L.L.B. Important Dates 2018
- Submission of online application commences on: 7 June 2018
- Last date of online application submission: 26 June 2018
- Application Fees payment (Through Bill Desk): by Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking From 7 June 2018 to 27 June 2018
- Online Admit Card Download: 3 July 2018 to 7 July 2018
- Entrance Test: 8 July 2018 (Sunday)
- Entrance Test overall merit list 13 July 2018 after 5 p.m.
- Online 3rd Phase Admission Slip Download: 6 August 2018 5 p.m. onward
CU BA L.L.B. Number of Seats 2018
- Department of Law, University of Calcutta (Hazra Campus): No. of seats 120
- Surendranath Law College. Sealdah: No. of seats 120
- Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College: No. of seats 120
- South Calcutta Law College: No. of seats 120
- Bikash Bharati Law College (Self-financed: No. of seats 120.
- Rabindra Siksha Sammilani Law College (Self-financed), Petua, Subhasgram,
- South-24 Parganas: No. of seats 120.
- Jyotirmoy School of Law (Self-financed), Sonarpur, South-24 Parganas: No. of seats 120
- Shyambazar Law College (Self-financed): No. of seats 120
- George School of Law (Self-financed), Konnagar, Hoogly: No. of seats 120
- Sureswar Dutta Law College (Self-financed), Mourigram, Howrah: No. of seats 120
- Heritage Law College (Self-financed), Anandapur, Chowbaga Road, Kolkata: No. of seats 120
Police Law Institute (Self-financed) Alipore Body Guard Lines Kolkata -
27: No. of seats 60( 80% of seats reserved for the eligible
- wards of Kolkata Police/Ex Kolkata Police/WB Police/Ex WB Police)
- LJD Law College (Self-financed), Falta Nainan Road, PO – Sahararhat,
Vill Punnya, PS-Falta 24 Parganas (South): No. of seats 120
CU BA L.L.B. Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should
have successfully completed their class 12 or its equivalent exam from
the Board recognized by the University of Calcutta in the year 2016 -
2018 (for General); 2014 - 2018 (for SC/ST) and 2011 - 2018 (for PWD)
- Candidates should score a minimum of 45% (40% for
SC/ST/PWD candidates with 40% or more disability) marks in their class
12 best four subjects from the Board recognized by the University of
Calcutta (Excluding Environmental Studies of WBCHSE).
who have completed their class 12 from the Board other than WBCHSE,
ISC,CBSE and Rabindra Mukto Vidyalay must be obtained “EQUIVALANCE
CERTIFICATE” from the office of the Registrar, ( Equivalance Section)
University of Calcutta, 87/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073 by a
written application in plain paper with relevant photo copy of class 12
P.S.: Certificate will be required at the time
of Admission. It will be safe to obtain the certificate before online
application submission.Foreign Student:
National with last qualification eligibility degree from Foreign Board
have to apply in writing to the undersigned mentioning all previous
degrees, mark sheets, certificates and syllabus of the last qualifying
examination eligibility degree.
After preliminary verification
they may be called for interview. If qualified in interview the
equivalence certificate has to be collected. After getting equivalency
clearance a provisional list will be prepared for approval of
Vice-Chancellor, C.U. Lastly selected candidates will get admission with
all required documents. Foreign National with last qualifying
eligibility degree from Indian universities/boards candidates may also
apply as like other Indian national candidates.
CU BA LLB Application Fee
GEN: Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five hundred only)
SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two hundred fifty only)
CU BA LLB Application Form
procedure for CU BA LLB Admission Test 2018 is completely online. For
registration a valid email id and mobile phone number is mandatory.
Further all communication shall be send to candidates via email and sms
only. Eligible candidates are
required to visit the
official website of UC Kolkata for registration www.caluniv.ac.in
Follow the stepwise instructions provided on official portal of CU Kolkata for successful registration.
To know more about How to write online application successfully
, click here.
P.S.: Application Form will not be available at the University Sales Counter and cannot be downloaded.
Download CU BA LLB 2018 Sample Question Paper