- NITTTR Kolkata
National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research Kolkata
National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research Kolkata was established on January 11th, 1965, as Technical Teachers' Training Institute (TTTI), Calcutta, set up by the then Ministry of Education, Govt. of India, the first institute of its kind in the country.
The institute started with the Departments of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Science, Education and Training & Placement.
NITTTR, Kolkata envisions to be the lead resource institute for promoting excellence in technical education, management education and vocational education & training system.
Mission of NITTTR Kolkata
- To introduce emerging scientific technologies for development of effective teaching-learning systems in technical education.
- To increase the outreach of training by adopting flexible & open learning technology.
- To integrate the World of Work with the technical education system.
- To Assist policy makers as a think tank in formulating TVET strategies.
- To offer extension services and consultancy appropriate to TVET system,in collaboration with industry and community partnership.
- To develop and introduce Quality Management System.
- To share experience and collaborate with national and international agencies involved in technical education for mutual benefits.
- To act as a centre for offering quality training programmes for teachers as per need of the client system, covering the entire gamut of technical, vocational and management education, at regional as also at national levels.
- To arrange for practical training for technical teachers in industries on a cooperative education plan.
- To undertake systemic research to provide research inputs for development of technical education systems and their management.
- To undertake action research for development of innovative methods, processes and practices for improvement of teaching-learning environment in technical and vocational education.
- To design new instructional system and strategies for production of multimedia learning materials.
- To develop and disseminate learning resources like Textbooks, Laboratory Manuals, Video Programmes, Computer Assisted Instructional Multimedia Packages to technical and vocational institutions and other organisations.
- To offer programmes for technical and vocational teachers in distance learning mode using state-of-the-art technologies.
- To offer courses/programmes for technical and vocational teachers to suit overseas demand especially SAARC & ASEAN countries.
- To collaborate with Community and Industry in organising Continuing and Non-formal education programmes and providing extension and consultancy services.
- To undertake Consultancy and Extension work for industry, technical institutions/organizations.
- To provide support services to Government of India schemes related to technical and vocational education system and as entrusted by MHRD, Government of India, from time to time.
- To cooperate with educational or other institutions in any part of the world having objects wholly or partly similar to those of the Institute by exchange of teachers and scholars and generally in such manner as may be conducive to their common objects.
NITTTR Kolkata Departments
Salt Lake City, Kolkata - 700106
Tele/Fax: (033) 2358-7442/66251901,
PBX: 91 (33) 66251919
FAX: 91 (33) 2337-6331