JEMAT: Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test
The Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (MAKAUT, WB) conducts the Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT). College graduates can write this eligibility test for admission into various Post Graduate like MBA & MHA and PG Diploma programs offered across different B-Schools in West Bengal. Some the typical programs offered are
- MBA General Management
- MBA Human Resource Management
- MBA Hospitality Management
- MBA Hospital Management
- MBA Tour and Travel Management
- PG Diploma in various study areas of Management
Here given detailed information about JEMAT.
JEMAT Important Dates
- Start of online application process: Mid July
- End of online application process: First / Second Week of August
- Availability of Admit Card: Second Week of August
- Exam Date: Second / Third Week of August
- For latest dates see notifications
JEMAT Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Indian citizens are eligible to apply for JEMAT.
Educational Qualification: Candidates with Bachelor's degree in Arts, Science, Commerce, Medical, Dental, Agriculture, Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, Architecture etc are eligible to apply. Candidates who have professional certification AMIE etc can also write JEMAT.
However candidates who has obtained degree qualification through distance education are not eligible to write JEMAT.
Reservation in eligibility criteria is available according to government's rule.
JEMAT Application Fees
Candidates eligible to write JEMAT need to pay examination fee.
- General/OBC Category: Rs. 600
- SC/ST Category: Rs. 300
Examination fees can be submitted online while filling application form. Fees may vary on year to year basis and board policies.
JEMAT Application Process
The application procedure for JEMAT is completely online. For registration a valid email id and mobile number is compulsory requirement. Further all communication regarding this examination shall be made through email and sms only. Register for JEMAT
before last date is over.
JEMAT Exam Pattern
JEMAT would be an objective multiple choice test that comprises of 3 sections namely General English, Mathematics and Logical Reasoning.
General English: 40 Questions, 40 Marks
Mathematics: 40 Questions, 40 Marks
Logical Reasoning: : 20 Questions, 20 Marks
Total Duration: 2 hours
For wrong answers there is negative marking scheme of 0.25 marks.
List of Institutes in West Bengal accepting JEMAT Scores
- ABS Academy
- Apex Management Institute
- Army Institute of Management, Kolkata
- Bengal College of Engineering & Technology, Durgapur
- Bengal Institute of Technology & Management
- Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan (Institute of Management), Kolkata
- Calcutta Institute Of Technology
- Camellia School of Business Management
- Department of Business Administration North Bengal University
- Department of Business Management Calcutta University
- Dr. B.C Roy Engineering College
- DSMS Business School
- Durgapur Institute Of Management & Science
- Future Business School
- Future Institute of Engineering and Management
- George College (Department of Management Studies)
- Haldia Institute of Technology
- Heritage Institute of Technology
- IBRAD School Of Management And Sustainable Development
- Institute of Business Management
- Institute of Business Management & Research, Kolkata
- Institute of Engineering & Management, Kolkata
- International Institute of Management Sciences
- JIS College of Engineering
- Management Institute of Durgapur
- Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology
- Narula Institute of Technology
- Netaji Subhas Open University
- NSHM Business School
- NSHM Business School
- NSHM College Of Management & Technology
- Pailan College of Management & Technology
- Seacom Engineering College
- Siliguri Institute of Technology
- Supreme Knowledge Foundation Group of Institutions
- Swami Vivekananda Institute Of Management & Computer Science
- Techno India, Salt Lake
- University of Kalyani Department of Business Administration
- Vidyasagar University
JEMAT Help Desk