CU BA L.L.B.
This is the entrance exam conducted by Calcutta University for entrance to different law colleges in the city, which come under their vicinity. The official website http://www.caluniv.ac.in/ has all vital details available. This is a test valid for those candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in law and take admission into the 1st Semester of 5 year B.A.LL.B. course for the academic session 2018. Admission prospectus should be available in the month of June 2018. The last date for submission here is July 2018.
Calcutta University had been established on 24 January 1857 in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It is affiliated with UGC, NAAC, AIU along with 136 colleges. The motto of this university is “Advancement of Learning”.
CU BA L.L.B. Eligibility Criteria
The academic qualification for this university is that candidates who have passed Higher Secondary (10+ 2) or other equivalent examinations are eligible for the same. Students should have a minimum of 45% (40% in case of SC, ST and PH) marks in aggregate. For all boards, best of 4 papers excluding WBCHSE Environmental Science is considered.
CU BA LLB Application Fee
Rs.320/- for general category candidates
Rs.170/- for SC/ST/PH candidates
CU BA LLB Application Form
You can simply visit the official site of Calcutta University for downloading the application form. One has the option to fill the form online and then take out a hard copy of the same. Ensure that all correct details are provided. Once the hard copy is taken out, you can send the hard copies of application form to office of the:
Department of Law,
University of Calcutta
51/1, Hazra Road
These forms are also available at the Calcutta University office and one has to collect the same from there on working days. For SC/ ST, etc. the forms are available for Rs. 170.
Important Dates (Tentative)
- Application Form will be available from - June 2018
- Last date to submit the application form - July 2018
- Entrance Test will be held in - July 2018
- Result will be published - with in one week
CU BA LLB 2018 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
For this test, the candidates have to first complete the process of registration. On the basis of the same, the offline mode test details are then announced on the website along with the CU notice board. The candidates have to appear for their offline tests with the relevant admit cards. The test duration is 150 minutes and there are multiple choice questions that include general, financial, law, etc. related categories. There is no negative marking here.
CU BA LLB 2018 Results
Results for these tests are announced about 1 month after the test is conducted. Once the results are out, these scores can be used for applying to any of the below mentioned institutes.
Total Seats in participating institutions-
- Department of Law, University of Calcutta (Hazra Campus) No. of seats 120
- Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College No. of seats 120
- South Calcutta Law College No. of seats 120
- Surendranath Law College. Sealdah No. of seats 120
- Bikash Bharati Law College (Self-financed). Aamtala, Jayrampur, N.D.Road, South-24 Parganas, No. of seats 120
- Rabindra Siksha Sammilani Law College (Self-financed), Petua, Subhasgram, South-24 Parganas. No. of seats 120
- Jyotirmoy School of Law (Self-financed), Sonarpur, South-24 Parganas No. of seats 120
- Shyambazar Law College (Self-financed) No. of seats 120 9. George School of Law (Self-financed), Konnagar, Hoogly No. of seats 120
- Sureswar Dutta Law College (Self-financed), Mourigram, Howrah, No. of seats 120
- Heritage Law College (Self-financed), Anandapur, Chowbaga Road, Kolkata No. of seats 120